Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 9 - Baby Hat Shadow Box


Ever wonder what the heck to do with that baby stuff that you just can't use, you can't scrapbook, but has significant meaning? How about a little shadow box?  I've had Remi's little hat from the hospital sitting in a drawer in his room for over a year hoping I would figure out something to do with it.  Then I found this pin.

Source: flickr.com via Erin on Pinterest



Hobby Lobby had a sale on their shadow boxes last week so I picked one up in order to do this pin. The 5 x 7 frame was normally $17.99, but I got it for half price. After completing this craft, I wish I would have gotten a little bigger of a frame. I think it turned out well, but a square box would have looked a little nicer, in my opinion.

The background is just cardstock cut to fit the frame. To make the little birth facts card, I cut the blue piece 3 x 2 and the white piece 2 x 1 1/2. I mounted the dark blue paper to the light blue paper with those clear dots that raise the paper just a little to give a little dimension. I also used those to attach the hat to the blue paper. Now...I need to find a pin for making photo collages/gallery walls so I can proudly display it!

No comments:

Post a Comment