Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 10 - Breakfast Croissant

I absolutely love making breakfast on the weekends.  Mostly due to the fact I have no time during the week to make a proper breakfast, and it is my favorite meal of the day.  I have been known to eat breakfast foods three meals a day before, that’s how much I love breakfast.  My husband on the other hand, is more of a lunch person.  He likes sandwiches a lot.  When he does indulge in breakfast foods, it’s usually the savory kind.  He also really loves bacon.  I knew when I saw this pin; it would definitely be a hit in our house.  It was, and it was also pretty quick and easy to make. 

The link to the pin is below.  I actually didn’t use the link in the pin, I used the link from the blog in the pin to make it because there were more pictures and it was easier to follow.  That being my experience, I decided I would document every step for you too.

                                                

Here’s what you need:
A tube of croissant rolls, you can use the reduced fat kind
5 eggs, or the equivalent in Egg Beaters or any other Egg substitute product you like
1 ½ cups of cheese, any kind you like
8 pieces of bacon

I put my bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes to cook instead of using the skillet.  This was my husband’s idea and it is an excellent one because it’s easy, prevents grease burns, doesn’t make your stove top a huge greasy mess, AND you can make a bunch more at a time than you can in a skillet. 

While the bacon was cooking I scrambied my eggs and assembled my croissants according to the instructions.  Make sure you use parchment paper because it’s easier to get the croissant off the pan that if you don’t.  Once the bacon was done, I reduced the oven to 350 degrees for my breakfast ring.


When the bacon was finished cooking, I placed it on top of each of my croissant triangles like so.



Then I added my first layer of cheese.  The directions said a precise amount, but I like to eyeball these things to my liking.



 

Then I added the eggs.



 

Then I added more cheese.



Then I folded in my croissant.   Don’t worry if the bacon breaks, while you are doing this step, it probably will and it doesn’t hinder the results.



I put it in the oven for 17 minutes….and YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment