Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 13 - T-Shirt Headband

More uses for old t-shirts.  Awesome!  No-sew...not exactly.  I hand stitched this project, but the instructions said you could glue it.  I wouldn't recommend that.  I thought this was a neat idea, could make a cute gift, and could come in handy those days you want a pony tail for running errands, but have some little baby hairs you want to keep out of your face. When I first pinned this, I was fooled by the "no-sew" promise and how cute the project seemed, but quickly learned otherwise when I clicked into the link.





I found an old maternity shirt in a pretty light blue color and began to cut away.  5 strips per the instructions.




Then I hand-stitched them together at one end.


Then I stretched out the strips the same way I did for my t-shirt scarf.


Next, I started braid/weaving according to the instructions in the link.  It was pretty easy once I got going and could see the pattern I was making with the strips of fabric.



I stitched together the other end and joined it with the first end I stitched.  Then I looped another piece of fabric and hand-stitched it per the instructions.



The headband took me about 20 minutes to complete, not long at all. I think I need to get to a thrift store and find some old tees in fun colors to make some more of these and more t-shirt scarves too!






No comments:

Post a Comment