Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 4 - Chicken Enchilada-Stuffed Pasta Shells

This activity should definitely benefit my family.  So for tonight's pinspiration, I decided to make some chicken enchiladas, but with a twist.  Instead of tortillas, I used pasta shells, yummy!


The link for the pin is also listed below.  I followed the instructions except for the protein.  The recipe called for ground beef or turkey, but I used ground chicken instead.  

First, I sprayed non-stick cooking spray, then poured about a 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.  Then I stuffed the shells with the chicken/re-fried bean mixture and added them to the dish.


Poured more enchilada sauce over the top!


Covered it with foil before baking.  This is important!  You don't want your noodles to dry out.


After baking the shells for about 25 minutes, I took the foil off and covered in a Fiesta cheese blend.


Baked for 5 more minutes.  Whenever I make anything with cheese on top, I like to broil it for a couple minutes because I like the cheese to be a little golden brown on top.


And there you go!  Chicken enchilada-stuffed pasta! I topped with fresh cilantro and sour cream.  The family really enjoyed it.  Our one year old gobbled up two completely on his own! It took about an hour start to finish and the end product was really satisfying. I would definitely recommend this recipe.

Link to the Pasta Enchiladas

Stay tuned...you may get a bonus pinspiration in the next 12 hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment