Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 3 - Braided Updo

As any Mom can tell you, time to get ready in the morning, or ever for that matter, is precious.  No one likes a pony tail every day of the week though.  I've spent a lot of time looking for new hair tricks on Pinterest to keep from doing the pony tail thing 5 days a week at work, and found some really easy ones.  I am by no means a hairdresser, and oftentimes require some practice before I can go out in public with a new hairstyle. I really like the following braided style, and it's relatively easy to pull off without a huge learning curve.


My hair isn't as long as the girl's hair in the pin and I have a lot of layers, so some pieces stick out, but can easily be hidden with bobby pins and hair spray.  I also did not rubber band the top of my braids.  I tried it, but the end result was rubber bands you could see, not a good look.


Since my braids aren't quite as long as the pin, I opted to roll the center braid up, towards the top of my head, then I rolled the ends of my side braids toward the middle braid.  Once I figured out I didn't want to use hair bands at the top, this style took about 5 minutes to complete.  I would definitely recommend it as an alternative to a pony tail.


3 comments:

  1. Did you use bobby pins to secure? If so about how many?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use Bobby pins. I would recommend the kind that have a little texture to them if your hair is fine. I used about 8 here, but you can certainly use more or less depending on how secure the hair feels when you're fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you put a link to your pins when you blog about them?

    ReplyDelete