Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 2 - Pampering in a Jar

Today, I decided I would like to do something for someone I know is having a stressful week and may have a couple stressful weeks ahead of her. I love mason jars, and I love the idea of giving a little thoughtful gift in a mason jar.  So I decided to utilize the pin for creating a little pampering gift in a mason jar.  It was a quick, easy project and, I think, will make my friend feel appreciated when she gets it.


I already had some mason jars left from our son's first birthday party.  The rest of the goods I found at Target.  I got fuzzy socks, stress-relief travel lotion, Burt's Bees lip balm, and Lindt's chocolate truffles.  You could really put anything you think would fit in a mason jar if you like.


I gathered all my goodies together.


I added them all to the jar.  I will admit, this was a bit tricky to fit 4 truffles in there along with a lotion and socks.  I think in the future, I may find a different sized lotion or bubble bath to put in there, or possibly a bigger mason jar.  :)


Then I added a bit of ribbon. I tied around some ribbon I had, punched out a circle and fleur de lis from some pink card stock, and added them to the top of the jar.  I think it looks pretty cute, don't you?  I think this is such a great little idea for a friend, co-worker, or even family member when you know they might be having a little extra stress in their life.  It's simple, relatively inexpensive, and thoughtful.  I really hope it goes over well!! I'll post a follow-up comment when I find out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment