Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 17 - French Dip Croissants


This recipe was SO good, my husband made me open a second tube of croissants to make him more.  I like finding recipes that are quick, easy, and tasty.  Both my husband and I are out of the house between 11 and 13 hours a day on weekdays, which makes eating a reasonable hour difficult at times.  A 13-month-old ruling our lives, makes eating at a reasonable hour a requirement. 

Source: mamalovesfood.com via Erin on Pinterest




I really like sandwiches, and I’ve mentioned before that my husband’s favorite food is a sandwich.  When I saw this pin, I was a bit hesitant that my husband would like it because he tends to lean more towards chicken or turkey with mostly obscure toppings on his sandwiches.  Google Chicago Bagel Authority (CBA), he’s a regular there and will often order a lottery, which is whatever the sandwich maker wants to put on it barring any restrictions you give them (for example, neither of us likes ham). Anyway…I thought this might be a tad boring for him because the sandwich consists of a croissant, a thin spread of horseradish (my favorite dressing for a sandwich!), a slice of roast beef from the deli counter, and a small cube of sharp provolone.  See the pictures below.





I used the reduced fat croissants and I saved some additional time by not making my au jus but by asking the deli counter for some.  I baked my sandwiches according to the croissant package instructions 350 degrees for 13 minutes.  While they were baking I heated up the au jus. 



Here’s how the turned out!  We will definitely be making these tasty treats again.


No comments:

Post a Comment