Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 15 - Carrot Chips

Honestly, I had my doubts about this one, and I my intuition was correct.  It seemed simple enough, right?  Thickly peel or thinly slice some carrots, toss it in olive oil and salt, bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Simple.  It seemed like something to try for a quick, healthier snack after work/school. 


Okay, so I don’t know what kind of peeler allows you to peel “thick” slices of carrots, but I apparently don’t own one.  Annoyance number one.  Instead of thickly peeling, I had to thinly slice with my chef’s knife.  I enjoy cooking and baking, but as my husband can attest, I am not the most skilled with chopping, slicing, dicing….you get it.  This aspect made me nervous.



First I regularly peeled my carrots, and then I painstakingly sliced them as thin as I could.  You can see I wasn’t always very successfully at maintaining the length of the carrot.  I took my slices and laid them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (maybe this was my demise?).


I covered in olive oil, salt, and pepper, baked for 12 minutes at 350 and…..



Got soggy, salty, carrot slices.  Not carrot chips at all.  Pinterest….fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment