Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 16 - Homemade Sugar Scrub

Handmade gifts are the best kind of gifts.  I think taking the time to make something is always more valuable to me than just buying something.  I've been trying to think of a way to thank a couple people in my life for the things they do for me, ways they support me, and time they give me.  I couldn't think of a better way than to make something that would make them feel a little pampered and special.


I found this pin this week and thought I would try it out.  I was a bit skeptical because it was just 2 ingredients, but my skepticism was for naught because this really turned out great.  After I was done mixing them, I tried some off the spoon and not only did I like the way the soap smelled, my hands were very smooth and soft! I will definitely be passing this treasures along as little thank you gifts. I may even make them in a couple months when our son transitions to the Toddler Room (OMG!) for the teachers he had in the infant room.


I got a 4 pack of 1/2 pint ball jars from Target.  They were about $5.00



I bought a new bag of sugar because I wasn't certain exactly how much it would take or that I had enough in my cupboard.  That was about $3.00.



I picked out a Dawn with Olay moisturizers in it according to the Pin's instructions.  I picked purple because I liked it better than the peachy pink, and lavender is one of my favorite scents.  The Dawn was about $5.00.


I filled up the jars most of the way with sugar.


Then I topped them off with the soap.



I mixed them up and just kept adding sugar little by little until it was a pasty consistency I wanted.



Then I put the lid on and tied a little ribbon!  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment